Sunday 22 April 2018

Writing a Recount

Luchiano’s Recount Writing Learning story


The Problem:  
How do I retell a significant event so others can share my experience?


My recount:  (copy and paste your recount here)
“This will be fun to go to Bothamley Park.” I said to my
very best friend Israel.On Wednesday at Bothamley
Park, our school did art.

After we did spray paint. After we had morning tea.
After the others came back we caught insects and we
got a Banded Kokopu.  Then we headed back to school. It hurt my legs but we got there.

Then we had lunch and after I went home.


Success criteria: (highlight the success criteria your writing shows)
I can use-
  • A powerful hook to get the reader’s attention
  • Where, when and who in the introduction to set the scene
  • An introduction- middle- conclusion
  • The 5 W’s (where, when, why, who,  what, and why) and 1 H (how) to add detail
  • Dialogue to tell what happened
  • The past tense
  • Descriptive words to make the writing interesting
  • Precise words to let the reader know what exactly happened.
  • Connectives to make the  story flow from one group of ideas to another.
  • Punctuation to help the reader understand the ideas
  • Personal voice like I think….


My Learning:  (Choose 3 to write about)


  • I am getting better at adding a powerful hook, because I just learnt how to do it.
  • I am good at having lots of thoughts. I can think of an idea and type it up.
  • I need to get better at getting more ideas down.   I don’t want to get slowed down by getting confused and x-ing off
  • parts I’ve forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment