Sunday 22 April 2018

Measurement in Maths

Luchiano’s Maths learning Story
The Maths problem:  
Clayton thought that this shape would make an interesting garden.  What is the perimeter of this
garden? What is the area?


The story of the Maths problem: (use your own words)
To find out how big is the garden.


What we were trying to find out:
To find out how long is the garden.  How big is it. How big is the perimeter in the garden.


How we solved the problem:
First I drawed 1 and 5 , 2 and 2, 4 and 4, 2 and 5, and 6 meters.

Then I counted 5, 5, 2, 2, 4, 4, 2 and I found out that altogether it made 20.


Working as a group is important:  Choose 2 to write about
I am good at maths because when I’m away from my friends, I check in with my learning
team about if it’s gonna be right or not.
It’s hard for me to do maths because I like talking to my friends all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment