Sunday 22 April 2018

Reading

Luchiano’s Term 1 Reading Learning Story
How do we make meaning from the texts we read using a range of reading strategies?
I chose this Library book to read at
silent reading time because it looked cool.








I located information in the story that told me the boy is facing a monster that
is made out of rock.
I located this information where the book showed me it.
I worked out that the beast used to be in the rocks.  
I used the clues that the beast was stomping and the pictures showed me it
stomping its way to the boy.  I saw him coming out of the cracks.
I found out that an important idea in the story is the boy found the monster
and the monster was about to destroy the people and the city.  
I used what I know about Zac Power and ideas from the story about Boy Vs
Beast to work out because nobody knows where he lives and what his name is.   
I liked reading this book because it interested me and it felt like when I was 6
in room 5 reading the Zac Power books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment